On May 11, 2016, Georgia and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) signed a loan agreement on the purchase of 143 new, Euro 6 standard, 12-meter natural gas buses - the Tbilisi Bus Project.
Within the framework of the project, with the support of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Tbilisi Transport Company Ltd has also implemented other projects that serve the institutional development of the company at various levels.
Gender Advisory Services Program
The Gender Advisory Service Program is a human resources development program that will enable the company to improve its personnel policy and opportunity to put international experience into practice. Within the program framework, it is planned to introduce equal opportunities policy in the company, which means to create a gender-balanced work environment. As a result, the company will become a leader in the transportation industry, traditionally regarded as a male-dominated field. It is internationally recognized that the introduction of equal opportunities is a means of establishing a commercially sustainable, strong company, that in turn will improve the delivery of comfortable, fast and secure services to the public. International consulting company AETS apave, staffed by international and local consultants, provides consulting services on gender equality issues to Tbilisi Transport Company Ltd.
Within the framework of the program in 2018 the following was created at Tbilisi Transport Company:
- Equal Opportunities Policy Action Plan
- Application and slogan on equal opportunities policy
- 25 women were trained as bus drivers;
- An application form for gender-based employment was developed
- New design work forms where created for bus drivers, conductors and controllers
with taking into account the equal opportunities policies
- A questionnaire was developed for employees in order to develop equal opportunities, create a better working environment and raise awareness.
Tbilisi Transport Company Ltd aims to create a diverse work environment that will provide all employees, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion, equal opportunities to maximize their potential;
Corporate Development and Stakeholder Engagement Program
involves provision of consulting services by an international consulting company for institutional development, ensuring sustainable public transport performance and promoting positive performance. Mott Macdonald, an international consulting company, is in the service of Tbilisi Transport Company Ltd, with whom the relevant agreement was signed in 2018. Mott Macdonald, in turn, has merged with a consortium with local consulting firm PMCG.
On April 23-27, 2018, the first introductory meetings were held between Tbilisi Transport Company Ltd and members of the Consulting Group.
- On October 24-25, 2018, Mott Macdonald's Human Resources (HR) specialists paid a two-day visit to Georgia, auditing at the company's Human Resource Management Office, developing recommendations.
- An environmental audit was conducted by Mott Macdonald and PMCG on September 21-26, 2018.
Occupational Safety Program OHS
Within the framework of the Tbilisi Bus Project, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development has funded (a grant) a Job Security Program, under which an agreement was signed in August 2018 between the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the international consulting company AV GROUP. According to this, AV GROUP will provide consulting services to Tbilisi Transport Company Ltd. and assist in the preparation of the work / procedures required to obtain ISO 45000.
- In October 2018, the company AV GROUP conducted an audit on occupational safety issues.
- An Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESMS) has been developed, by taking account of which in 2018, the company made a structural change and company has set up a separate structural unit for technical, fire, occupational safety and environmental management, which ensures to create maximally safe work environment.
- A set of regulatory documents required for the “Environmental and Safety Management System” has been developed, which is at the approval stage.